How to book
How to book, how to pay and booking conditions
- Fill in the booking form and return it to us by e-mail (preferably) or by post, not forgetting your address and ‘phone number.
- For stays of one week or more, we will then send you an invoice for either the non-refundable booking deposit of 20% of the holiday cost (minimum £100), or the full payment due if your arrival date is ten weeks or less from the date of your booking. For short breaks the non-refundable booking deposit will be one half of the total cost of your stay and full payment will be due if your date of arrival is ten weeks or less from the date of booking.
- The invoice will include full details of available methods of payment. If you book through this website you can pay for your holiday rental by PayPal, UK bank transfer or, if you live outside the UK, International bank transfer. Full details of what is and is not included in your payments are given on the website and will also be detailed on your invoice. Payment by interest-free instalments is also available when your booking is made at least 6 months before your date of arrival at La Joie du Muguet. Information on payment by instalments is provided only on request.
- Security deposit: In addition to the holiday rental payment a separate security deposit of £100 is required. This is refundable subject to an end of stay inspection (see 6 below). The security deposit may be paid by bank transfer in the UK, PayPal or by International bank transfer if you live outside the UK. In exceptional circumstances cash payment can also be accepted. In all cases repayment, subject to an end of stay inspection, is to the account you used to make the original payment, using details provided by you.
- Ten weeks before the first date of your booked visit, the full outstanding balance of holiday rental payment, and the security deposit, will be invoiced to you and must be paid at least eight weeks before the first day of your booked visit.
- Why do we take a security deposit? This protects us to some degree in case of damage or loss to property and contents; the payment of this sum does not limit your liability to us where the cost of repair of damage or other losses exceed £100. The term ‘other losses’ includes costs to us arising from unanticipated cleaning costs. An end of visit inspection is made immediately after you have left and the amount repaid to you is subject to any deductions for damage, excess electricity used beyond the allowance of 300 kwh per week, other loss and / or cleaning charges where the clean takes more than 2 hours after your departure and we have to employ additional help with this as a result. If you have paid for the 'Let's Relax End-of-Stay Clean' you will not normally be liable for deduction of cleaning charges unless something extreme has happened such as the spilling of a red wine over rugs or the sofas/chairs, leading to the need for specialist cleaning. If any deductions are made these will be detailed on an additional invoice, and repayment will be made subject to these deductions, into a bank account in accordance with details provided by you. In practice it is extremely rare for any deductions to be made from the security deposit.
- The contract between us and you shall commence on receipt of the non-refundable booking deposit (or the full payment due depending on the time before your expected arrival at La Joie du Muguet) and shall be governed by English law. The letting period will normally begin at 4.00 p.m. on the first day of your booked visit and finish at 10.00 a.m. on the last day, unless otherwise agreed with us and confirmed in writing by us.
- Receipt of the booking form by us and your payment of the non-refundable booking deposit (or the full payment due depending on the time before your expected arrival) means that you accept these booking conditions.
- The balance of your holiday rental and the security deposit are required no later than eight weeks before your booked arrival dateand we reserve the right to re-let the property in the event of non-receipt of any outstanding balance and/or the security deposit by the required date.
- Any Special Offers that may be in place from time to time may be bound by a separate set of booking conditions which will be made available to you at the time of your first enquiry.
- Cancellation by you: The booking deposit is never refundable and no holiday rental payments are refundable from 8 weeks before your booked arrival date but your security deposit is returnable to you under these circumstances. If you cancel more than 8 weeks before your booked arrival date all payments apart from the booking deposit are refundable except for a £15 cancellation administrative charge.
- Cancellation or Amendment by us: We would not expect to have to make any changes to any booking, but if completely unexpected problems occurred we might have to make alterations to, or cancel, a booking. If this happened we would contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of any alterations and discuss any financial adjustment. If it proved to be necessary to cancel your booking we would, if you wished, try to find suitable alternative accommodation nearby and discuss any financial adjustment. If you did not wish to use alternative accommodation, and the cancellation or amendment was caused by our error, we would refund any money you have paid us.
- Our liability: Our maximum liability for losses you suffer if we act in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the holiday price and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be reasonably contemplated by you and us at the time your booking is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to attempt to exclude our liability. You will understand that our liability does not extend to the following: safeguarding your personal property, travel delays and cancellations, loss and / or damage to baggage and other property, other travel-related incidents or health insurance, for all of which you should consider insuring privately.
- Note: We offer this property through letting agents from time to time as well as through our own website. The above conditions relate exclusively to bookings made through our website. Conditions relating to bookings made through our letting agents are not the same and do not, in general, offer you the flexibility and extended terms that we offer you directly.